Manager Project Execution
SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE:
The Proposal Engineer will be working with the Client Manager and Engineering Team to develop value added quotes and proposals which are accurate, cost effective and provide solutions based on the customer’s needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review customer inquiries, while identifying needs, requirements, comments, exceptions, and ensure proposals are commercially viable and competitive while mitigating and managing ACTEMIUM’s risk. Work closely with Project execution Management, and Field Services to define the scope of supply for the proposal to best meet customer requirements.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing proposals for specific product groups, all while communicating to the Project Execution Manager what troubles the proposal engineer(s) may be experiencing and where efficiencies could be developed.
- Create proposals for complex spare parts, upgrades, refurbishments, and retrofits to meet the specific demands of the customer.
- Ensure proposal competitiveness by clearly communicating the ACTEMIUM value added for our customers.
- Develop standard commercial offerings for upgrades, retrofits, and refurbishment on 2nd hand equipment.
- Ensure completeness of the handover of as-sold packages to the project management team.
- Define supply needs to Procurement to support the opportunities.
- Coordinate with Project Engineering the engineering requirements for the project.
- Work to develop the business relationship with the Sales team by ensuring immediate responses to inquiries and quick turnaround on proposals.
- Visit customers to understand their business and corresponding product needs; understand their decision process and key drivers.
- Provide direct sales support.
- Work to ensure all related company intellectual property is controlled and protected.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or another related field.
- Ideally 5 years applicable industry, company, and product knowledge experience.
- Previous experience in proposal work and a proven track record of professional accomplishments and reliability.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and possess a strong technical aptitude.
- Detailed oriented and strong proof-reading skills.
- Time management skills & meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong process, analytical, and communication skills.
- Accurate high quality work.
- Ability to multi task.